20,000 Years of fashion: the history of costume and personal adornment by François Boucher, 1885. New York: Harry N. Abrams, 1987.
Table of Contents;
- Prehistoric costume.
- Costume in the ancient East.
- Crete and its costume.
- The Mediterranean countries.
- Europe from the fifth century BC to the twelfth century ad.
- Europe between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries.
- Costume in Europe from the fourteenth to the early sixteenth century.
- The sixteenth century.
- The seventeenth century.
- The eighteenth century.
- From the French revolution to the early twentieth century.